Vicks V1200 Owner's Manual | Page 2
VapoTherapy Electric Steam
with Indicator Light
Important Safety Instructions
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING,
ESPECIALLY THESE BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
WARNING: To avoid electric shock hazard:
1. Appliance should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation
or while being cleaned.
2. Do not use while bathing.
3. Do not immerse in water or other liquid. Do not overfill.
4. Do not use or store appliance where it may fall into tub or sink. Do not
reach for any appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
5. This product has a polarized plug as a safety feature. This plug will fit into
a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit, reverse it; if the
plug still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
defeat this safety feature.
6. Do not use with an extension cord.
7. Unplug appliance immediately after use.
WARNING: To avoid the risk of burns, electric shock, fire or other injury:
1. Keep out of reach of children. Provide constant close supervision when
appliance is used by invalids.
2. Use appliance only as described in this manual and only with attachments
supplied or recommended by Kaz. Never move or lift the steam inhaler
while it is in use. It can spill boiling water if tilted or upset.
3. Never operate appliance with a damaged cord, or if appliance has been
dropped or damaged.
4. Keep cord away from heated surfaces. Be sure to position cord to prevent
accidental tripping or pulling.
5. Always use appliance on a firm, level surface to ensure against tipping,
which would release boiling water.
6. Do not use appliance while sleepy or drowsy.
7. Do not use in area where aerosol products are being used or where oxy-
gen is being administered.
8. Never use the Steam Inhaler without water. Never add any medication or
inhalant liquids to the water reservoir, such as Vicks® VapoSteam or Kaz
Inhalant. Severe burns could result.
Condition of Sale
As a condition of sale, the purchaser assumes responsibility for the proper
care and use of this appliance in accordance with our printed instructions.
The purchaser or user must judge for himself or herself when to use it and
length of use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: When using on wood surfaces, please place unit on water-
resistant mat for protection.
9. Move the Flow Levers counterclockwise for minimum
steam flow. Place your face in the hood as pictured on
the cover page. Do not rest your face on the Inhaler Hood
because the soft plastic may bend, allowing steam to
escape or causing the Inhaler to tip over and spill boiling
water. Breathe normally through your nose and mouth,
inhaling steam into your nasal and throat passages.
Continue treatment for five to fifteen minutes (see How to
Regulate Steam Flow and Temperature below).
Never move or lift the
Inhaler while it is in use.
Steam is produced by
boiling water; tilting can
cause water spill and
10. When vapor therapy treatment is completed, move On/Off
switch to the OFF position. The lamp will go out.
Disconnect plug from electrical outlet. Allow the Steam
Inhaler to cool before moving or refilling it (see Care and
Cleaning section). Do not operate Steam Inhaler when
How to Regulate Steam Flow and Temperature
The Personal Steam Inhaler features a patented adjustable
Vent Assembly which allows you to use either of the Flow
Levers to control the amount of steam you inhale as well as
FOR MORE STEAM:
1. Move either Vent Lever clockwise toward the “HI” set-
ting. More steam will increase the temperature; this set-
ting will thus feel hotter.
FOR LESS STEAM:
1. Move either Vent Lever counterclockwise for lower
steam flow and temperature.
2. If the steam is still uncomfortably warm, lift your face one
or two inches above the Inhaler Hood and continue to
4. Using tap water, fill the Water Reservoir to just below the
cup rim. Do not overfill. Use with water only. Do not add
any medication or inhalant liquids, such as Vicks®
VapoSteam or Kaz Inhalant, to the water reservoir. An
unsafe condition may result if anything is added to the
5. Replace the Vent Assembly. Align the Index Line with the
raised Arrow on the Base. Be sure the Tabs align with the
slots on the top of the Base, then turn the Vent Assembly
clockwise until it locks into place.
6. Replace Inhaler Hood.
7. Connect cord to electrical outlet. Do not use with exten-
sion cord. Press the On/Off Switch to the ON position. The
Indicator Light will illuminate.
8. The Steam Inhaler will take approximately 3-5 minutes to
begin making steam. Use caution, the water reservoir and
water will become extremely hot.
1. Fully unravel cord. Failure to do so could cause overheat-
ing and possible fire hazard. Do not use with extension
cords. Place inhaler on a flat, stable surface for use.
2. Remove Inhaler Hood.
3. Turn the Vent Assembly counterclockwise until the Index
Line is aligned with the Arrow on the top of the Base (just
above the Switch). Note how the Tabs align with the slots
in the Base. Lift the Vent Assembly straight up to remove it.
Using Your VapoTherapy
Electric Steam Inhaler
Related Manuals for Vicks V1200
Carrier Air Conditioners 24ABB3 Owner's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XL15i Owner's Manual
Oreck Air Conditioners AIR12GU Owner's Manual
Hunter Air Conditioners 30200 Owner's Manual
Heat Controller Air Conditioners InverterFlex Series Owner's Manual
Heat Controller Air Conditioners Patriot 80 Series Owner's Manual
De'Longhi Air Conditioners PAC A110 Owner's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XE1000 Owner's Manual
Mitsubishi Air Conditioners R410A User's Manual
Sharp Air Conditioners CV10NH - 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Installation Manual
White Rodgers Air Conditioners 1F78 User's Manual
Goldstar Air Conditioners GWHD5000 Owner's Manual
Duracraft Air Conditioners AMD-8500E User's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners RTAC 140-400 User's Manual
Haier Air Conditioners Commercial Cool CPN10XCJ User's Manual
Haier Air Conditioners HSU-09HV03/R2(SDB) User's Manual
Carrier Air Conditioners 30GB User's Manual
De'Longhi Air Conditioners pinguino pac ct90 User's Manual
Comfort-Aire Air Conditioners Air Conditioner PAD-121 User's Manual
Kul Air Conditioners KU32085 User's Manual
Danby Air Conditioners DPA140HB1WDD User's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XR14 User's Manual
Frigidaire Air Conditioners FFRH0822R1 Installation Instructions
Arctic King Air Conditioners WINDOW/WALL TYPE ROOM AIR CONDITIONER User's Manual