Sharp CV10NH - 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Installation Manual | Page 7
WARNING ABOUT GROUNDING
Tab for grounding
Grounded electrical box
• Ventilate the room periodically during use, especially if using gas appliances.
• Be sure to turn the unit off and disconnect the power supply cord before perform-
ing any maintenance or cleaning.
• Do not splash or pour water directly onto the unit.
Water can cause electrical shock or equipment damage.
• Drainage should be performed whenever moving the air conditioner. (See Page 26)
If any water remains in the tank, it may spill out while being moved.
• Remove the window panel in the event of particularly adverse weather.
Extremely adverse weather may cause water to leak in through the openings.
• To ensure proper drainage, the drainage hose must have no kinks or be on a differ-
ent level during dehumidifi cation mode.
The drained water may spill out into the room.
• The temperature around the drainage hose must not be below freezing point when
Drained water may freeze inside the hose, causing water inside the unit to overfl ow into
• Do not block the exhaust air outlet with obstacles.
Cooling performance may be reduced or stop completely.
• Improper use of the grounding plug can result in the risk of electric shock.
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding
reduces the risk of an electric shock by providing a less resistant conduit for the electric
This appliance is equipped with a cord that has a grounding wire connected to a ground-
ing plug. The plug must be plugged into a socket that is properly installed and grounded.
• Do not under any circumstances cut or
remove the round grounding pin from
Consult a qualifi ed electrician or serviceman
if the grounding instructions are not com-
pletely understood, or if in any doubt as to
whether the appliance is properly grounded.
If a grounding adapter is used, make sure
the electrical box is fully grounded.
Related Manuals for Sharp CV10NH - 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Carrier Air Conditioners 24ABB3 Owner's Manual
Vicks Air Conditioners V1200 Owner's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XL15i Owner's Manual
Oreck Air Conditioners AIR12GU Owner's Manual
Hunter Air Conditioners 30200 Owner's Manual
Heat Controller Air Conditioners InverterFlex Series Owner's Manual
Heat Controller Air Conditioners Patriot 80 Series Owner's Manual
De'Longhi Air Conditioners PAC A110 Owner's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XE1000 Owner's Manual
Mitsubishi Air Conditioners R410A User's Manual
White Rodgers Air Conditioners 1F78 User's Manual
Goldstar Air Conditioners GWHD5000 Owner's Manual
Duracraft Air Conditioners AMD-8500E User's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners RTAC 140-400 User's Manual
Haier Air Conditioners Commercial Cool CPN10XCJ User's Manual
Haier Air Conditioners HSU-09HV03/R2(SDB) User's Manual
Carrier Air Conditioners 30GB User's Manual
De'Longhi Air Conditioners pinguino pac ct90 User's Manual
Comfort-Aire Air Conditioners Air Conditioner PAD-121 User's Manual
Kul Air Conditioners KU32085 User's Manual
Danby Air Conditioners DPA140HB1WDD User's Manual
Trane Air Conditioners XR14 User's Manual
Frigidaire Air Conditioners FFRH0822R1 Installation Instructions
Arctic King Air Conditioners WINDOW/WALL TYPE ROOM AIR CONDITIONER User's Manual