ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer Owner's Manual
Download Healthcare Owner's Manual of ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer for free.
Thank you for purchasing the Temple Touch Thermometer.
Temple Touch enables accurate temperature measurements from the temple area in approximately 6-8 seconds,
using simple steps.
Table of contents:
Section 1: Quick Start
Section 2: measuring guidelines
Section 3: Directions for use
Section 4: Installing and replacing the battery
Section 5: About body temperature measurement
Section 6: Troubleshooting and special indications
Section 7: Care and cleaning
Section 8: Technical Information
Section 9: Warranty and Service Information
IMPORTANT! Read user manual before using the thermometer.
1. Keep the thermometer out of the reach of children
2. Do not drop the thermometer or expose to heavy shock. The unit is not shock proof.
3. Do not immerse thermometer in water or any other liquid. The unit is not water proof.
4. Do not store the unit in direct sunlight, at a high temperature, in high humidity or dust.
Performance of the unit may be degraded.
5. Stop using the thermometer if it operates erratically or if display malfunctions.
6. Clean the thermometer probe before storing (see section 7)
7. Do not attempt to disassemble the unit except to replace the batteries.
1. QUICK START
1. Press and release the POWER button.
2. Unit will beep twice when ready.
3. Hold firmly to temple, wait for next beep.
4. Read results.
2. Measuring guidelines:
1. Measurement body location is the temple, in proximity to the temporal artery, between the eye socket and the
2. Do not place the thermometer on scarred tissue compromised by skin disorder, open sores or abrasions and
patients in trauma.
3. Consult your physician when using drug therapies that may raise the local skin temperature in the forehead;
this may lead to incorrect reading.
4. Do not place the thermometer on skin exposed to direct sunlight, fireplace heat, air conditioner flow and
cold/warm compress therapies.
Wait at least two minute between consecutive measurements for the unit to readjust to room
6. If the thermometer has been stored at a cold temperature, allow the unit to warm naturally to room
temperature before using.
Performance of the device may be degraded if operated or stored outside stated temperature and humidity ranges.
3. Directions for Use:
a. Use this thermometer on a clean dry forehead. Wipe away any perspiration prior to use.
b. Move hair aside from the temporal area and apply the probe to bare skin.
1. Press and release the ON/OFF
button, you will hear one beep.
All segments will be displayed.
2. The previous result will be displayed for 2 seconds.
3. Wait for the hourglass icon to disappear, then two beeps will be heard
to indicate that the thermometer is now ready to measure
Do not try to take a measurement before the two beeps are heard.
4. Place the thermometers probe in the center of the temple area between the
eye socket and the hairline. Gently press and hold it against the temple to
ensure good contact with the skin is maintained.
Correct placing and good contact with the skin ensure reliable readouts.
5. As soon as the thermometer is in place, the measurement will start automatically
A running circle will appear indicating that the measurement is progressing
successfully. Make sure that the thermometer and the patient do not move
while measurement is in progress
6. A temperature reading will be displayed within 6-8 seconds. One long beep will be heard to indicate that
measurement is complete and temperature will be displayed for about 1 minute
7. Press and release the On/Off button to turn the thermometer off, or it will shut off automatically within 1
If you need to take another reading – wait 2 minutes after turning the thermometer off and then begin
Setting the operating scale °F or °C
The device setting is by default Fahrenheit (°F).
To change the scale to °C, or back to °F:
1. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds – on the screen you
will see the hourglass icon blinking and the last measured temperature.
2. Once the last reading showed on the screen disappears, the scale
C) changes as well.
3. Release the button, the hourglass icon will disappear in 5 seconds and
2 beep sounds are heard, indicating that the device is ready for use.
4. Installing and replacing the Battery:
The thermometer uses 2 standard AAA 1.5v batteries. To install/replace:
1. Remove the battery cover by sliding it out of its housing.
2. Firmly attach the batteries to their place, make sure polarity is correct. (see engraving on the bottom of
3. Slide the battery cover back into place.
: It is recommended to remove the batteries from the thermometer when it is not used for a long
: Do not dispose of batteries in fire, recharge, put in backwards, disassemble, mix with used or
other battery types – they may explode or leak and cause injury. Waste batteries should be deposit in a
batteries recycling trash only.
5. About body temperature measurement:
How does the thermometer work
The accurate measurement is obtained by using a unique probe, which
measures the heat flow from the blood vessels to the
skin and converts it to body temperature.
Information about Body Temperature
What is “normal” body temperature
“Normal” body temperature varies from person to person, changes according to time of day and body location.
Hot or cold baths, physical exercise, smoking and drinking, hot or cold drinks may change body temperature
by one degree or more.
The following table shows the temperature ranges:
What is fever Average normal temperature ranges
Forehead Over 37.8°C/100.0°F 36.1°C–37.8°C / 97.0°F-100.0°F
Rectal* Over 38°C/100.4°F 36.3°C–38°C / 97.3°F-100.4°F
Oral (mouth)* Over 37.8°C/100.0°F 36.1°C–37.8°C / 97.0°F-100.0°F
Axilla (armpit)* Over 37.2°C/99.0°F 35.2°C–37.2°C / 95.4°F-99.0°F
* Fever definitions according to the American Medical Association
The thermometer is designed to measure the temperature in the forehead, in proximity to the temple area,
between the eye socket and the hairline. It is important to know that the thermal characteristics of each
measurement body location – temporal, axillar, oral or rectal - are unique. The variance in temperature
measurement in different body locations is due to the human body and not the thermometer.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to measure the body temperature when healthy to establish the specific
6. Troubleshooting and special indications
The thermometer has been designed to display feedback-warnings to ensure proper usage and
accurate temperature measurement. When an error appears, the device will "beep" 5 times,
and then the thermometer will turn off automatically. In the event of a malfunction or incorrect temperature
measurement, the following warnings will be displayed:
Indication: The measured temperature is below 95°F (35°C) and the display presents: LO.
Instruction: 1. Turn the unit OFF and then ON again.
2. Retake temperature using proper placement technique (see section 3).
The measured temperature is above 107.6°F (42°C) and the display presents: HI
Instruction: Turn the unit OFF and then ON again. To verify the reading, retake temperature
using Proper technique (see section 3).
WARNING! A high fever condition requires seeking immediate medical attention
Indication 1: The thermometer is too cold or too hot to operate.
Instructions: 1. Verify room temperature within product range
60.8°F-104°F (16° C - 40° C)
2. Retake temperature using proper technique (See section 3).
Indication 2: Temperature did not register because of poor contact, patient
movement or poor placement.
Instruction: Turn the unit OFF, wait 2 minutes, turn it ON again and retake
temperature using proper technique.( See section 3).
Indication 3: Unit malfunctioned.
Instruction: Do not use the thermometer – contact service. (See section 9)
Indication: Low battery - Battery icon is on continuously.
Instruction: The battery has enough remaining life for approximately 10 more
Indication: Drained battery – only Battery icon is on when thermometer is turned
on and the device turns itself OFF.
Instruction: The battery is drained - replace battery.(See section 4)
7. Care and Cleaning
* Wipe the tip and probe with ReliOn
alcohol swab or a cotton swab moistened with 70% isopropyl alcohol
before & after each use.
After cleaning, wait at least 2 minutes before taking a measurement for the unit to readjust to room
* Use only a soft dry cloth to clean the body of the thermometer (if necessary). Never use an abrasive cleanser
or submerge the thermometer in water or other liquids.
* Do not expose the thermometer to extreme temperatures, humidity, direct sunlight or shock. Store at room
8. Technical Specifications
Feature Performance / Data
Measurement time 6-8 seconds
Temple area of the forehead
Measurement range 95°F to 107.6°F (35°C to 42°C)
Operation environment 60.8°F-104°F (16° C - 40° C) Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
Storage environment -4°F to 122°F (-20° C - 50° C), Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
Measurement readout Celsius or Fahrenheit
Accuracy complies with ASTM E 1112-00 standard requirements
Display TN LCD 0.63" X 0.44" (16 mm X 11 mm)
Battery 2 AAA 1.5volt batteries
Battery life Minimum 1000 full duty cycles over 24 month period
Weight 2.1oz (60gr) including batteries
Dimensions 4.7" x 1.17" x 1" (12 cm x 3.0 cm x 2.4 cm )
Memory Last reading display when turned on
Auto shut off After 60 seconds
Case material Medical grade ABS plastic
Probe material Medical grade Stainless steel ,medical grade ABS plastic
Warranty 1 year
9. Warranty and Service Information:
This thermometer has a one year warranty against manufacturers defect under normal use. Following the
directions closely will ensure years of dependable operation. If the thermometer does not function properly, first
check the batteries (see section 4). Replace if necessary.
If the thermometer does not function properly, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us
at 1-888-723-3659 or visit us at www.relion.com. Our representatives will provide further instructions on how to
correct the trouble or will ask you to return it for repair/replacement.
* Internally powered device
* Type - BF Applied part.
* Degree of protection against ingress of water: Ordinary
is a registered Trademark used under license by Medisim Ltd. G.G Communication Center, Neve Iian
Distributed by Wal-Mart Stores, Bentonville AR 72716.
Protected by US patent # 6,280,397 B1 and patent application # 11,444,710.
Temple Touch used with permission of Medisim, Ltd.
Made in China
Read the Instructions for Use
Applied part type BF equipment
Instructions for Use
Temple Touch Thermometer
Related Manuals for ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer
Bard MC4000 SERIES Manual
Installation Manual: (40 pages)
Carrier 24ANB1 Infinity Manual
Product data: (20 pages)
De'Longhi Pinguino C120 Manual
Instruction Manual: (17 pages)
De'Longhi PACA110-A120E Manual
Instruction Manual: (18 pages)
De'Longhi PAC N130HPE Manual
Instruction Manual: (14 pages)
Fujitsu Mini-Split Manual
User's Manual: (48 pages)
Mitsubishi MR. SLIM MSY-A24NA Manual
Operation Manual: (14 pages)
Mitsubishi R410A Manual
User's Manual: (18 pages)
Nordyne E3 Series and Manual
Owner's Manual: (32 pages)
Samsung AS12SGGB Manual
Instruction Manual: (24 pages)
Samsung AS12HM2X1/ABS Manual
User's Manual: (28 pages)
Samsung AQV09ABAX Manual
User's Manual: (39 pages)
Sanyo KMS0972 Manual
Instruction Manual: (25 pages)
Sharp CV10NH - 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Manual
Installation Manual: (60 pages)
Trane IntelliPak Manual
User's Manual: (108 pages)
White Rodgers 1F78 Manual
User's Manual: (6 pages)
White Rodgers 1F85-277 Manual
Instruction Manual: (12 pages)
White Rodgers 1E56N-444 Manual
User's Manual: (8 pages)
York DM120 Manual
User's Manual: (36 pages)
Zenith ZW6500R Manual
Owner's Manual: (47 pages)
Zibro S 3628 Manual
Product data: (2 pages)
De'Longhi PACA110-A120E Manual
User's Manual: (18 pages)