ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer Owner's Manual
Thank you for purchasing the Temple Touch Thermometer.
Temple Touch enables accurate temperature measurements from the temple area in approximately 6-8 seconds,
using simple steps.
Table of contents:
Directions for use
Installing and replacing the battery
About body temperature measurement
Troubleshooting and special indications
Care and cleaning
Warranty and Service Information
IMPORTANT! Read user manual before using the thermometer.
1. Keep the thermometer out of the reach of children
2. Do not drop the thermometer or expose to heavy shock. The unit is not shock proof.
3. Do not immerse thermometer in water or any other liquid. The unit is not water proof.
4. Do not store the unit in direct sunlight, at a high temperature, in high humidity or dust.
Performance of the unit may be degraded.
5. Stop using the thermometer if it operates erratically or if display malfunctions.
6. Clean the thermometer probe before storing (see section 7)
7. Do not attempt to disassemble the unit except to replace the batteries.
1. QUICK START
1. Press and release the POWER button.
2. Unit will beep twice when ready.
3. Hold firmly to temple, wait for next beep.
4. Read results.
2. Measuring guidelines:
1. Measurement body location is the temple, in proximity to the temporal artery, between the eye socket and the
2. Do not place the thermometer on scarred tissue compromised by skin disorder, open sores or abrasions and
patients in trauma.
3. Consult your physician when using drug therapies that may raise the local skin temperature in the forehead;
this may lead to incorrect reading.
4. Do not place the thermometer on skin exposed to direct sunlight, fireplace heat, air conditioner flow and
cold/warm compress therapies.
Wait at least two minute between consecutive measurements for the unit to readjust to room
6. If the thermometer has been stored at a cold temperature, allow the unit to warm naturally to room
temperature before using.
7. Performance of the device may be degraded if operated or stored outside stated temperature and humidity ranges.
3. Directions for Use:
a. Use this thermometer on a clean dry forehead. Wipe away any perspiration prior to use.
b. Move hair aside from the temporal area and apply the probe to bare skin.
1. Press and release the ON/OFF
button, you will hear one beep.
All segments will be displayed.
2. The previous result will be displayed for 2 seconds.
3. Wait for the hourglass icon to disappear, then two beeps will be heard
to indicate that the thermometer is now ready to measure
Do not try to take a measurement before the two beeps are heard.
4. Place the thermometers probe in the center of the temple area between the
eye socket and the hairline. Gently press and hold it against the temple to
ensure good contact with the skin is maintained.
Correct placing and good contact with the skin ensure reliable readouts.
5. As soon as the thermometer is in place, the measurement will start automatically
A running circle will appear indicating that the measurement is progressing
Make sure that the thermometer and the patient do not move
while measurement is in progress
6. A temperature reading will be displayed within 6-8 seconds. One long beep will be heard to indicate that
measurement is complete and temperature will be displayed for about 1 minute
7. Press and release the On/Off button to turn the thermometer off, or it will shut off automatically within 1
If you need to take another reading – wait 2 minutes after turning the thermometer off and then begin
Setting the operating scale °F or °C
The device setting is by default Fahrenheit (°F).
To change the scale to °C, or back to °F:
1. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds – on the screen you
will see the hourglass icon blinking and the last measured temperature.
2. Once the last reading showed on the screen disappears, the scale
icon (0F, 0C) changes as well.
3. Release the button, the hourglass icon will disappear in 5 seconds and
2 beep sounds are heard, indicating that the device is ready for use.
4. Installing and replacing the Battery:
The thermometer uses 2 standard AAA 1.5v batteries. To install/replace:
1. Remove the battery cover by sliding it out of its housing.
2. Firmly attach the batteries to their place, make sure polarity is correct. (see engraving on the bottom of
3. Slide the battery cover back into place.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to remove the batteries from the thermometer when it is not used for a long
WARNING: Do not dispose of batteries in fire, recharge, put in backwards, disassemble, mix with used or
other battery types – they may explode or leak and cause injury. Waste batteries should be deposit in a
batteries recycling trash only.
5. About body temperature measurement:
How does the thermometer work?
The accurate measurement is obtained by using a unique probe, which
measures the heat flow from the blood vessels to the
skin and converts it to body temperature.
Information about Body Temperature
What is “normal” body temperature?
“Normal” body temperature varies from person to person, changes according to time of day and body location.
Hot or cold baths, physical exercise, smoking and drinking, hot or cold drinks may change body temperature
by one degree or more.
The following table shows the temperature ranges:
What is fever?
Average normal temperature ranges
36.1°C–37.8°C / 97.0°F-100.0°F
36.3°C–38°C / 97.3°F-100.4°F
36.1°C–37.8°C / 97.0°F-100.0°F
35.2°C–37.2°C / 95.4°F-99.0°F
* Fever definitions according to the American Medical Association
The thermometer is designed to measure the temperature in the forehead, in proximity to the temple area,
between the eye socket and the hairline. It is important to know that the thermal characteristics of each
measurement body location – temporal, axillar, oral or rectal - are unique. The variance in temperature
measurement in different body locations is due to the human body and not the thermometer.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to measure the body temperature when healthy to establish the specific
6. Troubleshooting and special indications
The thermometer has been designed to display feedback-warnings to ensure proper usage and
accurate temperature measurement. When an error appears, the device will "beep" 5 times,
and then the thermometer will turn off automatically. In the event of a malfunction or incorrect temperature
measurement, the following warnings will be displayed:
The measured temperature is below 95°F (35°C) and the display presents: LO.
Instruction: 1. Turn the unit OFF and then ON again.
2. Retake temperature using proper placement technique (see section 3).
The measured temperature is above 107.6°F (42°C) and the display presents: HI
Instruction: Turn the unit OFF and then ON again. To verify the reading, retake temperature
using Proper technique (see section 3).
WARNING! A high fever condition requires seeking immediate medical attention
Indication 1: The thermometer is too cold or too hot to operate.
Instructions: 1. Verify room temperature within product range
60.8°F-104°F (16° C - 40° C)
2. Retake temperature using proper technique (See section 3).
Indication 2: Temperature did not register because of poor contact, patient
movement or poor placement.
Instruction: Turn the unit OFF, wait 2 minutes, turn it ON again and retake
temperature using proper technique.( See section 3).
Indication 3: Unit malfunctioned.
Instruction: Do not use the thermometer – contact service. (See section 9)
Low battery - Battery icon is on continuously.
Instruction: The battery has enough remaining life for approximately 10 more
Drained battery – only Battery icon is on when thermometer is turned
on and the device turns itself OFF.
Instruction: The battery is drained - replace battery.(See section 4)
7. Care and Cleaning
* Wipe the tip and probe with ReliOn® alcohol swab or a cotton swab moistened with 70% isopropyl alcohol
before & after each use.
After cleaning, wait at least 2 minutes before taking a measurement for the unit to readjust to room
* Use only a soft dry cloth to clean the body of the thermometer (if necessary). Never use an abrasive cleanser
or submerge the thermometer in water or other liquids.
* Do not expose the thermometer to extreme temperatures, humidity, direct sunlight or shock. Store at room
8. Technical Specifications
Performance / Data
Temple area of the forehead
95°F to 107.6°F (35°C to 42°C)
60.8°F-104°F (16° C - 40° C) Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
-4°F to 122°F (-20° C - 50° C), Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
Celsius or Fahrenheit
complies with ASTM E 1112-00 standard requirements
TN LCD 0.63" X 0.44" (16 mm X 11 mm)
2 AAA 1.5volt batteries
Minimum 1000 full duty cycles over 24 month period
2.1oz (60gr) including batteries
4.7" x 1.17" x 1" (12 cm x 3.0 cm x 2.4 cm )
Last reading display when turned on
Auto shut off
After 60 seconds
Medical grade ABS plastic
Medical grade Stainless steel ,medical grade ABS plastic
9. Warranty and Service Information:
This thermometer has a one year warranty against manufacturers defect under normal use. Following the
directions closely will ensure years of dependable operation. If the thermometer does not function properly, first
check the batteries (see section 4). Replace if necessary.
If the thermometer does not function properly, please write to us at email@example.com, call us
at 1-888-723-3659 or visit us at www.relion.com. Our representatives will provide further instructions on how to
correct the trouble or will ask you to return it for repair/replacement.
* Internally powered device
* Type - BF Applied part.
* Degree of protection against ingress of water: Ordinary
ReliOn® is a registered Trademark used under license by Medisim Ltd. G.G Communication Center, Neve Iian
Distributed by Wal-Mart Stores, Bentonville AR 72716.
Protected by US patent # 6,280,397 B1 and patent application # 11,444,710.
Temple Touch used with permission of Medisim, Ltd.
Made in China
Read the Instructions for Use
Applied part type BF equipment
Instructions for Use
Temple Touch Thermometer
Related Manuals for ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer
Health o meter Healthcare HDM575-18 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM770DQ1-05 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare BFM920-01 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM520-18 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM076DQ-60 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM166DQ-60 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDR743DQ1-41 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM037DQ-01 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDC100KD-01 Owner's Manual
Health o meter Healthcare HDM560DQ1-01 Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare BP100 Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare BP200 Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare BP300 Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare BP200W Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare ReliOn Micro Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare ReliOn Confirm Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare ReliOn Ultima Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare ReliOn Prime Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare A1c Test Owner's Manual
ReliOn Healthcare Ketone Test Strips Owner's Manual
Omron Healthcare Healthcare BP760N (2014 Series) Owner's Manual
Omron Healthcare Healthcare BP742N Owner's Manual
Omron Healthcare Healthcare BP710N Owner's Manual
Omron Healthcare Healthcare HJ-325 Owner's Manual