GE 15314 Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch Owner's Manual
GE Accessories Owner's Manual - 15314 Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch.
4.6, 2044 votes
Green (Ground wire to junction box screw or grounding wire)
Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch
WARNING: For indoor use only. The Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch detects motion to turn on lights
for an adjustable amount of time. A built-in photo cell can be set to keep lights off when the lights
aren't needed. The unit has excellent sensitivity and a wide 150° detection range. It’s intended
to be used with incandescent lighting.
Installation is as easy as replacing a wall switch. However, some
codes require installation by a qualified electrician.
• 150° motion detection angle.
• Adjustable on-time from 15 sec to 30 min
• Adjustable room light control.
• Adjustable coverage.
• Works with incandescent lighting.
• Works with motors up to 1/8 hp.
• Slide switch selectable OFF, ON AND AUTO modes.
• The sensor switch
• Cover plate
• 3 wire connectors
• 2 large screws
• 2 small screws
1. SELECT A LOCATION
Choose a location where the motion sensor has a clear view of the
entire area where occupant motion may occur.
Motion sensing switch will replace existing wall switch. Use only
where the existing switch location provides a clear view of the
General Application Information
The motion sensing switch is more sensitive to motion across the
front of the sensor than to motion towards the sensor. The
detector senses heat in motion and possible heat sources that
change temperature quickly. Therefore, to avoid false triggering,
avoid placing the sensor where it will be aimed at air conditioners,
heaters, laundry equipment and other sources of heat or cold.
2. INSTALLING THE SWITCH
If you are unsure or uncomfortable about
performing this installation, consult a qualified
electrician. WARNING: Turn power off at the
circuit breaker before wiring.
• Remove the decorative cover plate (secured
by two screws).
• Remove Control Cover. (Press in with
screwdriver. Swing out cover to remove.) Fig 1
• Remove the existing switch (if this is a retrofit application).
• Connect the motion sensing switch as shown in Fig 2.
Before installing the motion sensing switch into the box,
make sure there is no bare wire exposed at the
• Mount the motion sensing switch into the wall box with
the mounting screws
• For test purposes, use a small screwdriver to turn the time control fully counter-clockwise and the
light control fully clockwise. Turn the power back on at the circuit breaker. WARNING: Potential
electrical shock hazard with wall plate removed, do not place fingers or tools into the electrical box.
• Set the switch to the AUTO mode. When unit stabilizes (about 1 minute) the sensor is ready to detect
motion. If motion is detected, the LED indicator light will flash and the lights will turn on. The lights will
turn off 15 seconds after motion is no longer detected.
3. ADJUST TIME, LIGHT LEVEL & RANGE
The length of time that the lights stay on is adjustable from 15
seconds to 30 minutes. Use a small screw driver to set the time by
using the Fig 3 as a guide.
The sensor can be prevented from turning on lights when there is
already enough light in the room. Use a small screw driver to set the
light level using this diagram as a guide. In the fully clockwise position (4), the sensor turns on lights
even in full daylight. In the fully counter-clockwise position (1), the sensor only turns on lights when the
surrounding light level is very low.
To adjust the room light control:
1. When the light in the room is at the level you want the lights to turn on, set the switch
to the AUTO position.
2. Set the TIME control to the 15 sec. (fully counter-clockwise) position.
3. Set the LIGHT control to the minimum dark (fully counter-clockwise) position. Wait for
the lights to turn off.
4. Turn the LIGHT adjustment clockwise in very small steps and wait 2 seconds before
moving your hand in front of the sensor. Repeat until the lights controlled by the sensor come on. The
light will now come on when the light level is at or below the present level and motion is detected.
To decrease detection range and sensitivity use a small screw driver and rotate the control counter
clockwise (1). To increase detection range and sensitivity use a small screw driver and rotate the
control clockwise (4). The detection range can be adjusted from 100% to 30%.
NOTE: Do not set the range at maximum level, it may cause the motion sensor to false trigger.
4. FINISH INSTALLATION
Replace control panel cover and install the decorative wall plate. In installations where the motion
sensor switch is combined with other switches or outlets on an expanded box, a combination wall plate
will need to be purchased. Various combination wall plates are available at Home Centers and
Electrical Supply Stores. Slide the switch a couple of times to make sure it operates freely.
5. MODE SELECTION SWITCH
Moving the switch selects one of three modes of operation: OFF, AUTO, ON
• OFF: Lights stay off.
• AUTO: Lights come on for time set when motion is detected and the light level is below the set level.
• ON: Lights stay on continuously.
Light does not come on.
• Circuit breaker or fuse is turned off.
• If the lamp being controlled has another switch, it may be turned off.
• Bulb is defective.
• LIGHT control is set too far toward the DARK position.
• MODE switch is set to OFF instead of AUTO.
• Poor connection.
Lights do not stay on in the Auto mode.
• Motion has stopped in the room.
• TIME control is set for too short a delay.
Light does not turn off.
• Incorrect wiring.
• MODE switch is set to ON instead of AUTO.
• Motion is still present.
• Delay set by TIME control has not expired.
Light comes on for no reason in the Auto mode.
• Heating or cooling objects (such as air vents, appliances, or drafts through the wall box) are causing
• Switch on the sensor has been turned off and back on.
• There was a momentary power interruption. The light will turn off automatically when the "on" time
Electrical input: 120V, 60 Hz
Motor Load: 1/8 HP maximum
Incandescent: 500W maximum
On-Time: Adjustable approximately 15 sec. to 30 min.
Photocell Sensor: From full daylight to less than 1 FC.
Coverage: up to 15 ft. at 150°, up to 40 ft. in front of the sensor
Questions Visit us at www.jascoproducts.com
TEST = 15 seconds
Related Manuals for GE 15314 Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch
Accessories GE 22710 GE Inline Digital Amplifier Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23237 GE Audio/Video Game Switch Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23293 GE Ultra ProGrade Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23294 GE Audio/Video Game Switch Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23295 GE Video Switch/RF Modulator (4 Device) Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23332 GE RF Modulator Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23650 GE Universal AC Adaptor/Battery Eliminator Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 26110 GE Stainless Steel Phone Mount Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 22557 GE LCD/Plasma TV Screen Cleaner Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 22598 GE Laser Lens Cleaner Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 22611 GE Multipurpose Wipes Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 18101 GE Electrical Wiring Strippers Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 18102 GE Electrical Wiring Strippers/Crimpers Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 18218 GE Rocker Single Pole Switch (Ivory) Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 45153 GE Recessed Light Extender (R20) Owner's Manual
Accessories GE 45155 GE Recessed Light Extender R30 Owner's Manual
Accessories GE 22615 GE Deluxe Dynamic Stereo Microphone Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 22616 GE UltraPro Quick Start Manual
Accessories GE 23035 GE 7Outlet Home Theater Surge Strip 2140 Joules Quick Reference Guide
Accessories GE 26036 GE Premium Home Theater Surge Protector Quick Reference Guide
Accessories GE 37630 Audio/Video Switch Owner's Manual
Accessories GE 15315 Single Pole Motion Sensing Switch Owner's Manual