Brother Sewing Machines Operation Manual | Page 3
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
4 Always keep your work area clear:
• Never operate the machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the
sewing machine and foot control free from the build up of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
• Do not store objects on the foot controller.
• Do not use extension cords. Plug the machine directly into the electrical outlet.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being
• Do not use the machine near a heat source, such as a stove or iron; otherwise, the machine,
power cord or garment being sewn may ignite, resulting in fire or an electric shock.
• Do not place this sewing machine on an unstable surface, such as an unsteady or slanted table,
otherwise the sewing machine may fall, resulting in injuries.
5 Special care is required when sewing:
• Always pay close attention to the needle. Do not use bent or damaged needles.
• Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the machine needle.
• Switch the sewing machine to the symbol “O” position to turn it off when making any adjustments
in the needle area.
• Do not use a damaged or incorrect needle plate, as it could cause the needle to break.
• Do not push or pull the fabric when sewing, and follow careful instruction when freehand stitching
so that you do not deflect the needle and cause it to break.
6 This machine is not a toy:
• Your close attention is necessary when the machine is used by or near children.
• The plastic bag that this sewing machine was supplied in should be kept out of the reach of
children or disposed of. Never allow children to play with the bag due to the danger of
• Do not use outdoors.
7 For a longer service life:
• When storing this machine, avoid direct sunlight and high humidity locations. Do not use or store
the machine near a space heater, iron, halogen lamp, or other hot objects.
• Use only neutral soaps or detergents to clean the case. Benzene, thinner, and scouring powders
can damage the case and machine, and should never be used.
• Always consult the operation manual when replacing or installing any assemblies, the presser feet,
needle, or other parts to assure correct installation.
Related Manuals for Brother Sewing Machines
Bernina Sewing Machine 801 Owner's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine Bernette 320 / 330 Owner's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine Bernette 410 / 420 / 430 / 440 Owner's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine 800DL Owner's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine Record 930 Electronic User's Manual
Euro-Pro Sewing Machine 8260 Instruction Manual
Euro-Pro Sewing Machine 1100H Dressmaker Instruction Manual
Kompernass Sewing Machine LERVIA KH 4000 Operation Manual
Shark Sewing Machine Euro-Pro 384 Instruction Manual
Simplicity Sewing Machine Serge Pro SW432 Instruction Manual
Singer Sewing Machine 8280 Instruction Manual
Singer Sewing Machine 3116 Simple Instruction Manual
Singer Sewing Machine ATHENA 2000 Instruction Manual
Singer Sewing Machine Touch Tronic 2010 Owner's Manual
Singer Sewing Machine Touch & Sew 758 Instruction Manual
JANOME Sewing Machine MS-5027 User's Manual
Singer Sewing Machine 306K User's Manual
Singer Sewing Machine 50T8 E99670 User's Manual
Singer Sewing Machine Prelude 8280 User's Manual
Brother Sewing Machine XL3022 User's Manual
Pfaff Sewing Machine 463 AND 463 H User's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine 950 Industrial User's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine service manual 730 User's Manual
Bernina Sewing Machine 1130 Instruction Manual